1. Product Details
Product Name: Saw Palmetto Extract
Latin name: Serenoa repens (bartram) small
Part used: Fruit
Appearance: Fine powder
Product Content: 25-40% Fatty Acids & sterols
Saw palmetto, is the sole species currently classified in the genus Serenoa. It has been known by a number of synonyms, including Sabal serrulatum, under which name it still often appears in alternative medicine. It is a small palm, normally reaching a height of around 2¨C4 m (3¨C6 ft). Its trunk is sprawling, and it grows in clumps or dense thickets in sandy coastal lands or as undergrowth in pine woods or hardwood hammocks. It is endemic to the southeastern United States, most commonly along the Atlantic and Gulf Coastal plains, but also as far inland as southern Arkansas. It is a hearty plant; extremely slow growing, and long lived, with some plants, especially in Florida, possibly being as old as 500-700 years.
• Treat urinary tract infections
• Prevent and relieve symptoms of prostate enlargement (benign prostatic hyperplasia)
• Calm the irritated and overactive bladder occasionally associated with bedwetting
• Reduce hormonal damage to prostate cells, possibly reducing the future risk of developing prostate cancer.
• Maintain healthy blood vessels, nerves and tissues
• Lower cholesterol
• Tonic and Expectorant for mucous membranes (particularly the bronchial passages)