Latin Name: Griffonia simplicifolia (Vahl ex DC) Baill
Specifications: 5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) 95% 98% by HPLC
Used Part: Seeds
Active Ingredients: 5-Hydroxytryptophan(5-HTP)
Appearance: Off white Crystalline powder
Molecular Formula: C11H12N2O3
Molecular Weight: 220.23
What is 5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan)?
5-HTP (5-Hydroxytryptophan) is a naturally-occurring amino acid which is manufactured from the seeds of an African plant Griffonia simplicifolia.
It is a woody climbing shrub native to West Africa and Central Africa. The seeds of the plant are used as herbal supplement for their 5-HTP content.
5-HTP is most commonly used for depression. Because it is thought to work like serotonin antidepressants,
5-HTP has also been used for other conditions for which these antidepressants are prescribed, such as anxiety, insomnia, fibromyalgia and migraine.
1. Improving in mood, anxiety, insomnia, and physical symptoms
2. Anti depression, Reducing depressing and fibromyalgia
3. Being effective in various types of headaches including tension headache and migraines
4. Decreasing food intake and weight loss
1. As raw materials of drugs for anti-bacterial, anti-depressants, anti-tumor and sedation, it is widely used in fields of pharmaceutical and health products;
2. As insomnia, other similar symptoms of psychasthenia and lose weight product raw material, it is widely used in health products industry;
3. As dietary supplements increased therapeutic function, it is widely used in fields of dietary supplement products;
4. As products of sedative and anti-bacterial, they are widely used to add to beauty products in cosmetic industry.